Todays live stream marks the channel reaching 1000 subscribers. Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and been apart of it.
The future for the HowToCodeWell channel is bright. We have many tutorials and many web development topics to discuss in the future.
In todays programming challenge is to loop over a list of names and display each name at 1 second intervals. The names are publicly know subscribers to this channel. This should be like rolling credits.
To do this we will:
1) Create a Docker machine
2) Create a Docker container
3) Transfer a file from the host machine to the docker container
4) Install figlet in the Ubuntu container
5) Install Lolcat in the Ubunut container
6) Talk about starting and stoping containers
7) Create a while loop which iterates over a list of names
8) Add a base alias to the barshrc file
9) Use figlet to display a terminal banner
The list of names are publicly known subscribers to the channel
There is also a sticker give away. I have a handful of How to code well stickers up for grabs. If you want one then let me know in the comments below
Learn more about Docker with these study books
- Docker in Action http://amzn.to/2w8ZC7E