You may of noticed that in the footer there is a Google RSS feed to other web development blogs that I read. The feed is collected in Google Reader and will change whenever the feed picks up new content.
To add one on your site do the following:
1. Login to Google Reader
2. Select the feed that you wish to use
3. Click on Reader Settings
4. Click on the Folders and Tags tab
5. Click on the public setting for the feed. This will turn orange when its public
6. Once the fee is public (turned orange) click on the ‘Add to blog roll’ link.
7. A pop up will be displayed, configure the settings for the feed and copy the code. Paste this code in a word press widget or in the HTML. I have mine in its own footer menu